District Four — Library Park Historic District (Carnegie Library Park)
At first the residential area near Lincoln Park and South of Douglas Avenue thrived and attracted some of the city’s more respected citizens. However, as Las Vegas continued to prosper during the 1880s, more spacious lots became available north of Douglas Avenue. Although some houses had already appeared in the Library Park neighborhood by 1882, it wasn’t until the 1890s that the residential boom completely enclosed the Park. The Library Park Historic District now contains a church and institutional buildings on its southwest side, changing the homogenous residential feel of the neighborhood. The joint functions of the church (Immaculate Conception Catholic Church) and the city library ensure that citizens and visitors actively use the neighborhood.